Common Reasons For Plane AccidentsWe all know the common reasons that car and truck accidents take place - as drivers ourselves, we are familiar with what can go wrong on the road and what dangers exists on our highways and interstates. However, many people board planes without knowing what the most common reasons for airplane accidents are.
Here are the most frequent causes of aircraft accidents:
· Pilot errors. Upward of 50 percent of airplane crashes are due to pilot errors - either an airplane pilot makes a mistake while operating the controls or a pilot makes a poor decision about filing in adverse weather conditions.
· Mechanical errors. Another common reason for plane accidents are mechanical errors, which can prevent the plane from flying, landing safely, or taking off correctly.
· Air traffic control errors. Pilots rely on air traffic controllers to keep them and their passengers safe. A small error could lead to a collision between two plane or a mistaken take-off or landing.
· Maintenance negligence. If an aircraft is not properly maintained or repaired as required by the FAA, it could result in a plane accident and aircraft accident injuries.
· Adverse weather conditions. Ice, snow, fog, and winds can all affect how a plane performs in the air. Ice on the wings or strong gusts of wind could lead to a plane crash, especially in the case of inexperienced pilots.
· Fueling errors. Running out of fuel during a flight will logically lead to serious problems including crash landings.
· Bird strikes. Birds striking planes have accounted for about 200 deaths worldwide in the last 20 years, according to the FAA.