David E. TompkinsPrincipal Trial Attorney
David Errol Tompkins, a partner in the firm, has a civil litigation practice that focuses on plaintiff's personal injury matters. Throughout his career, Mr. Tompkins has handled matters for his clients involving permanent, disfiguring injuries, broken bones, and the wrongful death of family members. Mr. Tompkins also represents his clients in precedent-setting cases involving insurance coverages, bad-faith, and consumer protection matters. Mr. Tompkins is a member of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, the D.C. Trial Lawyers Association and the Maryland Trial Lawyers Association where he served as the Chairman for the Automobile Negligence Section.
J.D., University of Missouri Columbia School of Law, Columbia, 1996
B.S., Truman State University (F.K.A. Northeast Missouri State University), 1993
- AVVO.com Rated 10
- SuperLawyer 2013
- Member, Missouri Law Review
- Academic Achievement Award - Professional Responsibility and Ethics
- LeadCounsel certified
- Martindale-Hubble Peer-Review Rated B-V
- Eagle Scout
- Law Office Technology - The Paperless Office - Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Solo and Small Firm Conference, 2004.
- Moderator - MAJ Automobile Negligence Section Automobile Negligence Seminar - 2008
- Moderator - MTLA Automobile Negligence Section Dinner Meeting - Uninsured Motorist Seminar - 2007 Moderator - MTLA Automobile Negligence Section Dinner Meeting - PIP/Medpay Seminar - 2006
As a Member of the Missouri Law Review from 1995 to 1996, Mr. Tompkins published, The Taxation of ADEA Settlements and the Lack of Personal Injury in Age Discrimination Claims, 61 Mo. Law Rev. 507, Spring, 1996. As the research assistant to the Dean of the Law School, Mr. Tompkins co-wrote the Annual Survey of the Law of Evidence for the Missouri Bar in 1995.
Washington, D.C., Maryland, Virginia and Missouri.
Mr. Tompkins is admitted to practice in Missouri, Maryland, the District of Columbia, Virginia, the U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, and the U.S. Tax Court.
Chevy Chase United Methodist Church - Board of Trustees 2009
Pedestrian & Bicycle Accidents
Insurance Practices, Claims and Coverage Issues
- Fall 2007 Firm Newsletter
- Insurer Tactics Used to Cheat Policy Holders
- Maryland Legislature Passes Much Needed Litigation Reform for Uninsured Motorist Claims
Personal Injury Documents
- Need help figuring out how to document your lost wage forms? These Lost Wage Forms will help you get organized and present your claim.
- DC Civil Calendar Assignments 2009
- New Continuance Policy for Prince George's County District Court
- Civil Rules of Civil Procedure - D.C. Superior Court
- Judge Wetzel's Discovery Checklist for Virginia Trial Attorneys
- Insurance Company Phone Numbers!
- Preparing for a Deposition