DC Personal Injury Attorneys: Play Safe Over Spring Break
Spring Break. You can almost feel the anticipation, can’t you? Across the nation, young families, college students, and teenagers are packing their bags and heading out the door in search of fun, fun, fun.
Some of them will find it, of course. Others may experience the heartache of a tragic car accident. To lessen your chances of being a victim of a spring break car accident, consider these safety tips brought to you by the DC personal injury attorneys at Lewis & Tompkins, P.C.Following these tips can keep you and your travel mates safe:
- Before you head out on your trip, have your car checked out by a mechanic. You’ll want the mechanic to make sure your car can handle a road trip.
- Plan your route ahead of time. Incorporate time for rest stops and overnight stays, if needed. Keep in mind, however, that while it’s good to have a plan, you need to feel comfortable deviating from that plan. If you find that you are too tired to push on to your next destination, find a nearby hotel and stop for the night.
- Plan to trade driving duties with your travel companions. Let someone else take over when you feel too tired to continue driving or when you just need a break.
- If you experience car trouble, call for help. Stay in your car while you wait for help to arrive.
- Do not allow anyone in the car to drink. Not only is it against the law in many places, but it might be too tempting for you to take a drink, too.
Even people who take safety precautions find themselves in car accidents. If that has happened to you, call a DC car accident attorney for help. You may reach the DC car wreck lawyers at Lewis & Tompkins, P.C. by calling 202-296-0666 or by filling out our online contact form.