Bicycle And Pedestrian Accidents Library
- Bike-Riding Risks and Injuries for Children
Bicycle accidents can cause severe and even deadly injuries. Click here to find out how your child may be at risk.
- Dangerous Distractions Cause Biking Accidents
Distractions are frequent causes of U.S. traffic and bike accidents. Don’t be a victim; learn to avoid these common biking diversions to be a better rider.
- Weather Risks for Pedestrian Accidents
When you’re walking in the rain, you may be concerned about getting wet or cold, but what you should be worrying about is the traffic; click here to learn why.
- How to Stay Safe When Riding Your Bike at Night
Do you ride your bike after dark? These safety tips will help you stay safe on nighttime rides.
- Right Hand T-Bones: The Unexpected Biker Accident
Riding your bike near a car can be scary, especially when the car turns directly in front of you. Protect yourself by knowing these three right-turn dangers.
- Dangers of Bike Groups Bike riding with company can be a lovely experience, but learn how these risks could ruin an otherwise pleasant group ride.
- Three Distinct Groups Most at Risk for Bike Injuries
Bicycle accidents can happen anytime to anyone; however, these three groups have increased odds of injury and catastrophic damage.
- How to Be Proactive on Your Bike in Maryland
When it comes to cycling in Maryland, being proactive is your key to avoiding serious injuries from a bike crash.
- Common Costly Treatments Needed for Pedestrian Injuries
Treatment for common pedestrian injuries can be expensive; make sure your claim covers these damage amounts by knowing your options and their potential cost.
- The Risks and Dangers of Bike Rage
Road rage is common for motorists, but what about bicyclists? Are you a potential victim of biker rage and if so, what does that mean for your overall safety?
- Bike Carriage Risks
Before taking your child with you on a bike ride, make sure you know theses three bike carriage dangers to prevent a horrible accident.
- Common Causes of Nighttime Pedestrian Accidents
Ever wonder why so many pedestrian accidents happen after sundown? Learn why in order to protect your family.
- Common Yet Severe Pedestrian Injuries
Awareness is key to prevent these seven common pedestrian injuries.
- Factors That Can Cause Pedestrian Accidents
Preventing a pedestrian accident is easier than it seems when you know the common factors that cause them.
- Spring Biking Dangers: What You Need to Know to Stay Safe
Spring’s poor weather conditions and seasonal changes increase risks for bicycle accidents, injuries and fatalities.
- Separate Lane, Same Rules: Traffic Laws for Bike Lane Users
The differences you need to know between bike lane rules and sidewalk biking etiquette that could save your life.
- Ways to Protect Yourself After a D.C. Bike-Share Accident
Bike-sharing is convenient and inexpensive, but accidents happen. Find out what you should do after a D.C. bike-share crash.
- Slow Down in VA and MD Residential Neighborhoods
May 1 is “Keep Kids Alive, Drive 25” Day. Learn about the dangers young pedestrians face from drivers who speed through their suburban MD neighborhoods.
- Getting Help After Your Washington, D.C., Pedestrian Accident
Whether you live in Washington, D.C., or just visiting the attractions, learn what you need to do if you’re in a pedestrian accident in the nation’s capital.
- Bike Crashes: Understanding Risks and Injuries
A D.C. bicycle accident attorney shares a more in-depth look at the most common bike injuries that accident victims suffer in crashes.
- Safe Routes and Safe Choices for Child Bicyclists
Helpful, important and easy tips for kids to remember for safe bicycle riding. Teach your children good habits for their continued safety!
- Pedestrians at Great Risk for Winter Weather Accidents
Maryland attorney shares reasons why pedestrians may not be any safer than motorists in treacherous weather conditions. Learn the dangers and how to avoid them.
- Change Your Riding Habits for a Safe Winter Biking Trip
Reduce bike accident risks by changing your riding habits in winter weather. A Maryland bike accident attorney explains how.
- Potholes: The Missing Gap in D.C. Bicycle Accident Safety
Montgomery County bike accident attorney describes why potholes are more than an inconvenience for cyclists. Learn more here.
- Street Vs. Sidewalk Bike Riding: Safety and Your D.C. Bike Accident
Washington, D.C., bike accident attorney shares why riding in the streets is the safest way to help avoid a bicycle accident in the D.C. area. Learn more here.
- Nighttime Bike Riding in D.C.: Know the Risks
Washington, D.C., bike accident attorney shares the common dangers associated with nighttime riding. Learn more and call for a free case review.
- Know the Most Common Bike Accident Causes in D.C.
A D.C. and Maryland attorney breaks down the leading types of bicycles collisions so cyclists can be prepared before hitting the roads. Call for more info.
- Washington, D.C., Bike Sharing: Why More Bikes Are on the Road
Even Washington, D.C.’s bike share program can have a downside. Learn more from a knowledgeable bike accident attorney, and call for a free consultation.
- Northern Virginia Bike Injury Attorneys Talk Riding Strategy
Ever wonder why so many D.C. bicyclists experience accidents? The answer may be linked to their riding habits. Learn more here and call for a free consultation.
- When Bike Trumps Car: Bethesda Bike Accident Attorneys Share How
Bethesda bicyclists can often feel like they have no advantages over the large cars with which they share the road — but that can change now.
- Keep Children Safe in the Summer Time
Attorney David Tompkins provides summertime tips to prevent car accidents, pedestrian accidents and bicycle accidents that involve children.
- Riding Right: Bicycle Safety Ideas from Bike Injury Lawyers
Red lights and right-turning cars are common ways for D.C. cyclists to get hurt — read how to avoid these common traps here.
- Insurance Advice from the Bethesda Bicycle Accident Lawyers While there is no specific insurance coverage for bicyclists, you can use your other policies — from home to auto — to help pay for any damages.
- Maryland and Virginia Bicycle Injury Attorneys Tackle Concussions
While many people believe that they will only have a legal case if they were in a very serious bike accident, this simply is not true — find out more here.
- What Protects You in a Maryland or Virginia Bike Accident?
While it can be difficult to protect yourself fully on a bicycle in the District area, you are not completely on your own if you are in an accident.
- Preventing Washington, D.C. Bike Accidents
As a city that is best explored on foot and bicycle, it is important for the D.C. area to be aware of some of our most vulnerable travelers: bicyclists.
- Reinforce Bike Helmet Safety With Your Kids — It Matters!
As the weather warms up, many of us — adults and kids alike — head out to ride our bikes. Parents must remind their children about bike helmet safety rules.
- Five Accessories For Cyclist That Can Prevent Bicycle Accidents
Obeying the rules of the road is simply not enough for cyclists to stay safe on the roads in Virginia, Maryland, and D.C. Extra safety precautions, such as headlights, taillights, helmets, horns and mirrors can prevent bike accidents and bike accident injuries.
- Bicycle Safety Tips For Kids
Your children love to ride their bikes, but how safe is it for them to ride in your neighborhood? Be sure to teach even your young children bike safety tips to help them prevent bike accidents and bike accident injuries.
- Bicycle Accident Prevention In VA, MD, and D.C.
Bikes share the roads with cars, but have much less protection and many fewer safety features. If both cyclists and vehicle drivers were familiar with bike safety and bike accident prevention, lives could be saved.